Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wrapping up November...

Ok, I'm filing November away!
As far as working on the house, I think the "to do" list is the same as it was a month ago.
Not that I'm complaining, but I sure hope we accomplish more in December!
There's still painting to do...mostly Billy's job, and he hates to paint!
(He lent out all the scaffold he needs to finish the job before he was done???)
There's also the front porch that needs to be tiled...
Oh well,
Life without pressure and dead lines is a beautiful thing.
(I think I've mentioned that in another post, but I guess I keep trying to remind myself!)




In the picture below:
Progress! 
We've hired someone to build a storage shed slash bathroom slash,
well I don't know...a good place for Billy to keep all his junk!
The top pic is before the work was started, the bottom is after 2 days of work.
Despite the rain yesterday they were actually able to pour a slab.
(The delivery of the sand and gravel came in 2 trucks...
and in this rain, they made a bit of a mess out of our road, boo-hoo!



Here's Dylan and his new friend Joe.
(Joe is from Pennsylvania and had never been on a kayak before.)
They set out at 7:20 and were gone for about 3 hours.
It was great to see Dylan get so excited about the trip!
He packed the lunches the night before and had all the gear ready by 7am.
Ah! This is what being a boy is all about!
(His other buddy only likes to play video games!)




 I tried to get some more pics of the boys from the top floor of the ranchito as they passed the front of the property, but was too late.
So I took some pics anyway, it was a beautiful day!
(The ranchito looks nice and all, but I can't wait to burn it down and build the pooI!)





My friend Sue invited me over last week to go kayaking from her property.
I had a great time! It was like vacation for the day!
When we were done, she took me for a walk around her property.
The thatch hut is home to her employees.
If you look closely in one of the pics, not a very good one,
but there's a handful of Howler Monkeys in the tree.
(Ha! I found a way to sneak some monkeys on here again Jim!)





Brett and Carina's baby girl...14 days old!
This is Dylan's friend Jared's little baby sister!
Have you ever seen anything so cute?
I WANT ONE!






That's about it.
I did get some pics of some monkeys the other day,
but as my friend Jim agreed, how many more can I post!?





No comments:

Post a Comment